What a fabulous year it has been in the book world this year! So many amazing books have come out over the course of 2016 and I'm going to condense them down to my top 20 favorite books this year.
(They will be in no consecutive order)
1. Sacred Hart by A. M. Johnson - This book was everything I could have ever wanted in a book. Sad, sweet, powerful storyline, and an ending that you will never forget. This book had me in it's grip from the first page. To read about this book I will leave a link below.
2. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - Ughh! Where do I start with this book. I'm a sucker for a good sappy love story but I'm an even bigger sucker for a great tragic love story and this is the BEST one ever. I have never quiet read a book like this and I know I will continue to read it over and over again. It's sad, sweet, romantic, rip your heart out, and just all the feels. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
3. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas - This is just one of those books that you have to read to fully understand how powerful and epic the journey of this story is. The first book in the series is A Court of Thorns and Roses and I highly recommend these books. ACOMAF truly gutted me with feels but from Maas I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. An epic story of love, loss, strength, and the power to rise from the ashes. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
4. Cupcake by M. Andrews - Mmmm...where do I begin with this sexy delicious read. This bad boy is dirty and delicious...and so perfect. It's a perfect short and sexy fun read. And from M. Andrews I wouldn't have had it any other way. Cupcake is the first book in the Sticky Sweet Series and you totally don't wanna miss. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
5. Hit the Spot by J Daniels - This book definitely hit the spot with me. (no pun intended) But seriously I didn't think Daniels could get any better but with this book she proved me wrong in every since of the word. Jamie McCade is out for the kill and kill me with feels is what he did. Hit the Spot is the second book in the Dirty Deeds series but it can be read as a standalone. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
6. Swear on this Life by Renée Carlino - Such a beautiful and breathtaking story. I sat down on my couch to read and I didn't get up until I finished this book. I devoured this book and then I devoured it again. The depth of this story and the character growth truly takes my breath away, and it should definitely be one to add to you TBR pile. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
7. Honor by Jay Crownover - Everything by this author is an auto-buy for me but I wasn't prepared for how much this book would slay me. The devil is alive in this bad boy and he is hungry. This book is sexy as sin and I wouldn't have had it any other way. If you are looking for a sexy, powerful, nail bitter of a book then this is the one for you. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
8. Say You Want Me by Corinne Michaels - Oh you sexy, sexy cowboy. This book is one of those books that just makes you feel good when you sit down to read it. But nobody knows how to make me pace, bite my nails, and yell at the pages better than Corinne Michaels. These are emotions that I crave while reading a good book and this one was nothing short of those emotions and more. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
9. Beautiful by Christina Lauren - This is such a bittersweet read for me because I never wanted the beautiful series to end but I know all good things must come to an end...and this book doesn't disappoint. It's exactly how I wanted the series to end. With a little bit from all these beloved characters, this book becomes the perfect ending to a sexy, fun, and hilarious series. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
10. The Player by Claire Contreras - Definitely my favorite book of hers. I love every word that she has put down on paper but this one takes the cake for sure. The storyline was so much fun and I found myself lost in the War Zone. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
11. Conviction by Corinne Michaels - Oh Liam Dempsey. You sexy, sexy Dreamboat. This book was ahhh-mazing! I found myself so lost in this story that I never wanted to be found again. To be lost in this storyline forever. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
12. Hell on Heels by Anne Jolin - Such a deep, heartfelt, and soul searching read. I found myself thinking about my life while reading this book and I truly loved that. This book has three sexy men that are ready to eat your heart out in their own way and one sexy heroine. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
13. False Illusions by A. Cramton - Yoel...you sexy beast. I'm a sucker for a sexy fighter and this one is definitely a sexy fighter. If you love fighter books like me then this is totally one to add to your list. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
14. Family Business by Ace Gray - Gah, this book was killer with the feels. Kate and Nicholas are two characters that will forever be in my head. I've never read two characters that could rile me up, while comforting me at the same time. Family Business is Nicholas's and Kate's last book in the series, so don't miss out on the first book Strictly Business and the second book Bad for Business. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
15. Down to My Soul by Kennedy Ryan - Truly a beautiful and powerful read. This whole series just destroys me in feels in a way that only Kennedy Ryan can. Her ability to tell a story is just truly amazing in every way. If you haven't read this series, it is a must. Down to My Soul is the second book in the Soul series. My Soul to Keep is book one and book three is Refrain. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
16. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - Gahh, this book killed me with feels and all the rest of my body was slayed. Every word by Colleen Hoover is always gold and this one was nothing short of perfection. I would read this woman's grocery list if she would let me and if that wasn't creepy. Well umm..moving on. This book is perfect. From beginning to end. I may have cried a gallon of tears but it was worth every tear soaked page. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
17. Fortune by Tia Giacalone - This bad boy is the first book in the High Road Divide series and oh how I am already hooked to this series. This book is so much fun and so sexy. I do love a sexy musician. If only I could have one of my own...then it would be perfect. But this book is amazing and I can't wait to read more in the series. Always looking forward to more Giacalone books. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
18. Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes - You will never find yourself rooting for the bad guy like you will for Joe. This man with capture all of your attention and you definitely won't mind it. This book is all kinds of twisted but all kinds of good. Hidden Bodies is the second book in the series and You is the first book. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
19. One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid - You ever read a book that was just so good and so beautiful that you remember exactly how you felt when you read it and exactly where you were when you read it? Yup...this is that book for me. One True Loves is one of those books that you never forget reading and never forget how you felt when reading. I've never read a book quiet like this and I know I never will. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
20. He Will Be My Ruin by K. A. Tucker - This. Book. This. Book. Ugh, will have you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Grab that notebook and pen and get ready to become a detective because you will be second guessing everything you've ever known while reading this book. Everyone is a suspect. He Will Be MY Ruin is the perfect suspense novel...and has an ending you will never see coming. To read about this book I will leave the link below.
Yes...we did it. Getting through those top 20 books has never felt better. All of these books were just a few of my top favorites of the year but there have been many many more. You can go check out my top 10 books of the year on my IG.
I hope you enjoyed the countdown and maybe you enjoyed some of these books too. Or if you haven't read, you now have a new list. I wish everyone a Happy New Year!